By Oyediji Oluwaseun Babatunde
Sports Writer, kick442.com Nigeria
Confederation of African Football, CAF has unveiled the last pillar of her women’s football development plan which is social impact.
The objectives of social impact pillar are:
– Using the power of football to make a positive social impact for girls and women around Africa
– Partnering with international organizations and Non-governmental Organizations at the grassroots level to educate the girls
– Promoting the image of football through ambassadors to encourage participation
To tackle the above objectives, CAF’s actions include:
– Identifying a team of ambassadors to raise the profile of the women’s game
– Incorporating social messaging and educational elements into grassroots development program, and
– Building strategic partnerships with international organizations and Non-governmental Organizations to highlight the positive impacts of football on girls and women.
Women’s football according to CAF is a unique sport, one that is full of passion, full empowerment, and leadership skills. It was and always will be a source of inspiration and this strategy focuses on building women’s football foundation.
CAF’s women’s football new strategy will ensure that girls and women will have the opportunity to play or work in the game and have role models to look up to through football.
The five focus areas and pillars include:
– Marketing and Promotions
– Professionalism and Leadership, and
– Social Impact
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from our management.
This site is not responsible for the content displayed by external sites