By John Kwesi Arthur
Football Writer, kick442.com-Ghana
The president of WAFA supporters union Mr. Yohanes Hadzor Nugbe has debunked the claims that WAFA management are not giving opportunities to the players from the Volta land ( not recruiting Volta Region players in to WAFA team) and as well not helping to develop sports in the Region.
In an interview with most of the radio stations in the region, Mr. Yohanes Hadzor Nugbe told his own people to stop the blame game and find solutions to the challenges hindering the sports development in the Region rather. He further added that it’s very unfortunate most people making such false claims are people in the forefront of sports development in the Region.
Mr. Yohanes Hadzor Nugbe continued by educating the people of Volta by outlining the various challenges hindering the development of sports in the Region. He as well provided some possible interventions that WAFA is ever ready to implement only if they are ready to understand and work with the right system and structures toward sports development.
Some of the challenges he identified with Sporting System in Volta Region, Especially With The Clubs are;Lack of grassroots sports development, and lack of Professional sports institutions to
help develop administrators
1. Lack of Professional administrators most importantly coaches
2. Lack of qualified scouts,
3. Lack of proper player career vision project and player welfare managing system ,
4. Unqualified Age factors (Limit)
5. Lack of good relationships with other clubs (WAFA)
6. Too much of one man affairs
7. Lack of sponsorship / support and investment into sports development
8. Lack of Professional branding and marketing of the players
9. Too much of rigidity of operation (one way of doing things) and Luck of provision for change
10. Too much of personal insecurity
11. Too much of enmity posture against WAFA and other clubs
12. Too much of blame games and unnecessary criticism rather than finding solutions to the various challenges facing the Region
The WASU president therefore suggested possible solutions that can put in place to remedy the situations. Among them are
1. Help educate the administrators and the players on sports business
2. Work with the clubs to provide qualified systems and structures for player development
3. Get scouts and fielder club in Volta
4. Organizing workshops for the administrators across the region on either quarterly or six months basis
Some people of Volta Region have been accusing the management of West African Football Academy (WAFA) for not giving opportunities to the players from the Volta land ( not recruiting Volta Region players in to WAFA team) and as well not helping to develop sports in the Region.
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from our management.
This site is not responsible for the content displayed by external sites