By Oyediji Oluwaseun Babatunde
Sports Writer, kick442.com-Nigeria
Nigeria second division league, the Nigeria National League (NNL) is expected to resume on March 14, 2020. This is according to a recent release.
Yesterday being 19th February, 2020 the NFF Executive Committee met to discuss a number of issues notably the issues raised by the NNL Club Owners at the Abuja meeting.
The meeting was chaired by Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President Amaju Melvin Pinnick with Hon. Chidi Offor in attendance.
Resolutions reached include;
1. The Referees report was reviewed and adopted which sanctioned some Referees that officiated 14 matches that reported issues of bad officiating.
2. Proposed commencement date for the League is now Saturday 14th March, 2020.
3. The NFF and the Hon. Minister of Sports are working assiduously to get private Investors who will want to adopt the NNL.
4. NFF President and Hon. Minister of Sports to meet with leadership of Club Owners and potential sponsors before the commencement of the League. The main reason why 14th March, 2020 was chosen.
4. Already about two companies are in discussion on the possibility of adopting NNL.
The league went on Christmas and New Year Break since last year but the league didn’t resume since the break as clubs used friendly matches to prepare towards the new resumption date.
Copyright © 2020 kick442.com
This site is not responsible for the contents displayed by external sites.