Match day 12 of the Cameroon League 1 Championship produced some interesting results but some interesting facts sorround these results too.
(1) Dragon’s 4#1 win over New Stars makes the cha Cha Cha boys just the second team to complete a double over an opponent this season. (TKC had also beaten Union home and away). Their score of 4#1 also means Dragon has recorded a 9#2 aggregate win over New Stars, making it the highest scoring tie in the league this far.
(2)Serge Ekollo Malolo’s hat trick against New Stars, was just the second in the league one this season, after that of Victor Mengue of Fovu, against Astres on the 1st day of play.
(3) Cotonsport’s 1#0 defeat by Tonnerre means the cotonites are winless in Six away games this season, their worst ever away run. Only PWD is also winless out of home this season.
(4) Tonnerre Kalara club’s 1#nil win over cotonsport, was their first ever win over the cotonites, in their last 13 meetings. Cotonsport had won 8, drawn 4, and now 1 win for TKC.
(5) Cotonsport has failed to keep a clean sheet in all 3 matches they have started with Simon Loti Omossala at goal this season. ( Apejes 1#1 cotonsport, Cotonsport 2#1 Avion, TKC 1#0 Cotonsport).
(6) Unisport recorded their first win of the season, with their 3#0 bashing of Fovu. It was also their first win in the league for close to a year.
(7) PWD recorded their first win under Augustine Choupo, to take their win tally to 3 this season. Goalkeeper Julius Atengong also kept his second clean sheet in six matches for the Abakwa boys and his side has won 10 of their 12 points this season, with him at goal.
(8) UMS of Loum has suffered back to back defeats for the first time this season.
9)UMS Loum suffered the first defeat in the hands of Stade Renard since Renard got promoted 3 seasons ago.
9)Gael Gregoire Nkama scored again to win 3 points for TKC.The “big forward” has done so 4 times in 6 games this season.
10)New Stars conceeded up to 4 goals against Visiting Dragon for the second season in a row.
The game ended 1-4 following a 5-4 game last season.
11) Unisport of Bafang scored two or more goals in a game for the first time since June 2018.