Nigeria 1 Guinea 0:
25 year old CD Leganes defender Kenneth Omeruo headed Nigeria into the round of 16 from a 73rd minute corner beautiful executed by Moses Simon.
– Nigeria have won their last six games at the Africa Cup of Nations, their longest streak in their history, never conceding more than one goal in each of their six encounters.
– Guinea have not won any of their last seven games at the AFCON (D5, L2), their longest streak in their history.
– Guinea have conceded at least one goal in each of their last 14 games in the African Cup of Nations.
Uganda 1 Zimbabwe 1:
The Warriors of Zimbabwe and the Cranes of Uganda shared the spoils with both teams still having chance to qualify for the round of 16.
– It was the first meeting between both teams at the African Cup of Nations.
– Uganda has won just two of their 16 games against Zimbabwe in all competitions (D9, L5).
– The Cranes have also won only four of their last 10 games in the AFCON (D2, L4). They failed to win any of their first 11 games in the competition (D1, L10)
– The Warriors of Zimbabwe have won only two of their 11 games in the competition (D2, L7), failing to keep a clean sheet in any of these 11 games.
Egypt 2 DRC 0:
Hosts Egypt are through to the next round and Mohamed Salah has opened his goal scoring account to the delight their partisan home supporters .
– Egypt have lost only one of their last 27 AFCON games (W20, D6), their only loss was that 2-1 defeat to Cameroon in the 2017 AFCON final in Gabon.
– DRC have won only one of their last 11 games in all competitions (D6, L5).
– Mohamed Salah has been involved in five of Egypts last eight goals at the Africa Cup of Nations (3 goals and two assists).
– Mohamed Salah’s goal against the DRC was his 40th international goal on his 65th cap, he is 29 goals away from the all time record holder Hossam Hassan.