Asante Kotoko will host their Camerooonian visitors, Cotonsport today at the Baba Yara Stadium as they look to cross the last huddle into the group stage of the CAF Confederation cup.
Asante Kotoko holds a 3-2 lead ahead of the game.
Ahead of the fixture, kick442.com took interest in some key facts related to the game.
1) Cotonsport is looking for their first win in 6 games against Ghanian clubs. Last 5 games;3 defeats 2 draws.
2) Cotonsport is looking forward to a win to maintain their record of at least 1 win in all their CAF competition tie this season.
3)A win for Kotoko will be their first on pitch two legs wins in the CAF club competition this season.They will become the first club to do the double over Cotonsport
4)A goal for Kamilou Daouda and Abdul Fatawu will take their run of scoring to at least 3 goals in the last 3 games in CAF competitions.
Abdul scored against Kariobangi Sharks and Cotonsport in his last 2 games while Kamilou Daouda scored against Ismaily and Asante Kotoko.
5)Should Cotonsport score twice in Kumasi as it is needed to stay alive in the competition,they will become the first side to do so since Algerian visitors,MC El Eulma scored twice in a 2-1 win at the Baba Yara.
6) Should Asante Kotoko qualify today, they will become the only club to eliminate 2 clubs from the same country in this year’s CAF club competitions.
Eding Sport FC via a walk over and Cotonsport of Garoua.Coincidentally these are the last two Champions of Cameroon.
7) Should Asante Kotoko get the result that takes them to the group stage of the competition,it will be their first appearance in the group stage of a CAF club competition since 2008 while such a result for Cotonsport take them back to the big time for the first time since 2017.
8)Elimination of Cotonsport of Garoua will keep the club out of the group stage of the club competition for the second year in a row.
9)A Goal for Sogne Yacouba today will be his first goal of the season just like a clean sheet for Cotonsport will be their first this season.
10) 2 goals for Asante Kotoko today will mean the club has scored 2 or more goals in their last 3 at the Baba Yara Stadium against clubs from Cameroon.
It promises to be an interesting one today for both clubs and whichever club is leading in the first 30 minutes wins the tie.